JOIN OUR TEAM
Do you have a passion for Workforce Development and working in the community? If so, we are currently seeking experienced professionals to fill our vacant positions. Please see below for more information.
Treasurer: We are seeking a certified accountant or financial professional to fill the role of Treasurer. Primary responsibilities will be to manage the budget and financial operations of the organization, including management of company expense reports, and management of semi-annual and annual tax documentation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Work with the President/Executive Director and Chairman to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board in a timely manner.
- Assist the President/Executive Director and Chairman with preparing the annual budget and presenting the budget for board.
- Attending Board meetings (in-person or teleconference)
- Participating in DA activities such as fundraising, event planning, or community events/activities
- Assist with bringing other related resources that will help achieve the company’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Perform annual and semi-annual auditing of operational expenses
- Participate in other related DA activities as needed
Qualifications: 5 years of financial experience or 5 years with CPA certification. Must have strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Must also be flexible to attend events and meetings.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Financial Management.
Secretary: We are seeking an administrative professional to fill the role as Secretary. Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the documentation for the Board of Directors
- Attend Board meetings and take agenda and meeting minutes
- Review bylaws, ethics policies and other company guidelines with board members to ensure they are up-to-date.
- Keep track of DA activities such a fundraising, event planning, or community services
- Assist the board members with achieving the company’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Participate in other related activities as needed
Qualifications: Five years of Administrative or Record keeping experience. Must have strong communication skills and writing skills and attention to detail.
Education: High School Graduate, AA or BS in Administration
Volunteer Engagement and Outreach Specialist
We are seeking an ambitious and dedicated team member who is eager to fulfill our mission in the Maryland area. As the Engagement and Outreach Specialist, you are the link between Destination Achievers Incorporated (DA) and the community residents to help provide information about our services and how we can assist them in their career goals. It is vital that this person be friendly, outgoing, and charismatic to be most effective.
- Develop and implement new workforce development strategies
- Attend and engaging in community activities or event and bring awareness of DA’s programs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of DA’s fundraising events.
- Assist in the development of content and materials for special outreach programs such as fundraisers, workshops, meetings, and conferences. This include assisting in the creation of of flyers, posters, and other marketing materials.
- Attend DA meetings and stay abreast of current activities and programs.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with community residents, members, and agencies.
- Conduct community research for annual and bi-annual community assessment
- Maintain social media sites to keep interested parties aware of program development and implementation.
- Experience working in the community
- Experience with social media engagement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Docs
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to speak, write, and read fluently
Education: High school graduate or college degree in Communication or Business
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.